Sunday, September 27, 2009

High Hopes

I was able to spend some quality, alone time, watching the sunset at the beach this evening. If you look closely you can see an airplane (on the right) leaving the island. Every few minutes another plane would fly by. This is my favorite picture, it truly captured the moment. Seeing the planes fly by made me think about home, my future and the experience I'm gaining from being on this beautiful island.
My aunt reminded me of this song, which my dad would sing to my siblings and I when we were having a hard time with something.
I can often hear my dad singing this, especially when I'm having a rough day:

"Next time your found, with your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned, so look around

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, cant
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin' low
instead of lettin go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call, and your backs to the wall
There a lot to be learned, that wall could fall

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin' that dam

cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes
He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your feelin' bad
instead of feelin' sad
Just remember that ram
Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems just a toy balloon
They'll be bursted soon
They're just bound to go pop
Oops there goes another problem kerplop."

I used to get so mad hearing this song when I was frustrated, but now I kinda like it =)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome picture!!! It's absolutely beautiful! I remember the same feeling of frustration when hearing that song, but I've already found myself singing it to Savannah haha go figure!

    ReplyDelete