Friday, March 5, 2010

P.S.

I forgot to mention the big earthquake we had in Okinawa last Saturday morning. At 5:30 am I woke up to a big jolt. It was long enough for me to completely wake up, lay in bed and think, okay, this is normal, by the time I get up it will stop. Then I actually had time to get up, walk to Jessica's room and stand under the doorway with her for a few seconds. In reality, the shaking lasted 15 seconds and was recored as a 7.o. The epicenter was located under the ocean, in Naha, about 45 miles from me. It definitely felt strong but the thing that scared me was how long it lasted. At home, I'm used to the quake stopping before I can fully react.

Everything in my apartment was fine, the dish soap fell into the sink but that was it. My principal called a few minutes after I got back in bed to tell me there was a tsunami warning and to not go by the coast. I called my mom to let her know I was okay and she already had people calling her to check on me. I went back to bed for an hour before getting ready to go to the flower show with Rocky. Not long after the earthquake, the tsunami warning was lifted. I didn't feel any after shocks which surprised me.
On Tuesday afternoon however, I was siting in bed with my laptop on my lap and felt a smooth rolling motion. I sat there waiting for it to get bigger but thankfully it didn't. I looked it up and found out it was a 5.0, not too big but big enough to feel. Hopefully that was the last of them!

That's all for my P.S. =)

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment