Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wendy Has Arrived!

Wendy's first steps at the Okinawa airport.
Wendy arrived safely on Thursday night after her long, tiring flight. She arrived 45 minutes late, so we didn't get home from the airport and in bed until after midnight (and had to wake up at 6 am for work). We were both very tried but excited to see one another! Wendy did go to school with me on Friday but took a nap a few times while my class was working quietly.
Friday night, Rocky took us to the restaurant that one of the kindergartner's parents operate out of their home. They serve authentic Japanese food, so it was a perfect first Japanese meal for Wendy. I had a chicken salad, Wendy had fried fish and Rocky had vegetable stir fry. We all shared and every bite was delicious!
Here is a picture of the restaurant/house:
I asked Rocky if anyone could open up a restaurant in their home, or if there were regulations. He explained that an inspector comes to check on the restaurant and if it meets specific criteria, the owners are given a business license. They don't come and check on the restaurant periodically which I thought was weird, but at least there is some sort of standard.
Here is Wendy and I at the end of our meal=ready to sleep! The green leaf is the restaurants menu.
We were home and in bed by 8:30 for a much needed full nights sleep.
Saturday, Rocky, Wendy and I went up north to the Pineapple Factory, Butterfly Garden, the Okinawan Glass Factory and the northern beaches. Although it was very humid, we were thankful that the sun was out and that there were no clouds in the sky. I will update the blog with those pictures within the next few days. Just wanted to give a short update to let you know Wendy made it safely and that we are enjoying our time together =)
Today is Wendy's birthday so I'm taking her to what I've been told is the best seafood restaurant in Okinawa, "Sam's By the Sea." It's also known as the most romantic restaurant in Okinawa and I haven't been there so Wendy and I will enjoy it together.
My students now have less than 3 weeks of school remaining and I only have 20 days left in Okinawa. It doesn't seem real! Hope your all enjoying the nice SoCal weather I've been hearing about!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment