Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Last Half of My Adventure

The last half of my adventure in Okinawa has begun! I am back safe and sound after over 3 weeks of visiting home for the holidays. I enjoyed every moment of being with family and friends and am now ready to take on the last leg of my challenge.
It was so nice to have a travel buddy, Anita has helped me ease back into my "normal" routine. Our flights went well. I packed my two suitcases full of American food and was over the weight limit when checking my bags in. I had a backpack as a carry on that I was able to stuff with extra items and had Anita check in, since she only had one bag. It all worked out so I didn't have to pay for being over the weight limit. Our flights went smoothly. I didn't sleep at all from LAX to Tokyo. I watched a few movies and TV shows, read a little and tried not to get too bored. We were served some decent pizza and chicken and rice during the flight. We arrived to Tokyo with 2 hours to spare before taking off again.
After 15 hours of traveling, here we are ready to take off for our final flight from Tokyo to Okinawa. We both slept all 3 hours of this flight.
Anita's first view of Japan from the air.
We made it!
It was nice to go back to school and see my students, they were surprised and happy to see me. They had to be reminded of the rules more than once but they weren't too unruly. I enjoyed the warm welcome from my principal and coworkers, they were all very excited for me to be back.
Anita has been keeping me busy and I already have lots of pictures to post. She is only here until Sunday, so I'll blog again next week when I have more free time.

It's so weird being back in this routine again. Spring semester is definitely going to be busier than last semester, so I'm sure the time will fly by. I'm going to start planning my spring break trip next week...I'm looking for a travel buddy, if your interested let me know!
I miss you all and can't wait to see you again!

XOXO
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. awww girl it seems like it was just yesterday :)I had a wonderful time with you...im still feeling jet lag and have been sooo tired. crazy cuz over in okinawa i was up early and rested...oh welcome to teacher world, its all part of the job! :)love u, my fast pace woman ;) -Anita :D

    ReplyDelete