Friday, June 11, 2010

Graduation

Today was the promotion ceremony for grades 1st-12th. Before our ceremony, kindergarten and pre-school had a ceremony. I had to take some pictures of them because they were too cute to not take pictures to share with you!
The whole dress shirt paired with shorts is popular in Okinawa!
Here is Yuto, the first grader in my class.
My students all looked adorable and were very excited about the ceremony.
Mr. Mc Gee (the unofficial vice principal), Mr. Elofson and the translator Ms. Yu (a high school teacher at our school).
The speciality teachers sitting on stage; Jessica (music), Junko (Japanese), high school teacher (not sure why he was sitting there), Rocky (Japanese) and Nathan (P.E./Art).
The first graders on stage ready for their names to be called by Sarah.
Second grade on stage ready for me to call their names.
I was very proud to call out each one of my students names, to recognize them moving onto 3rd grade.
The following pictures is of each one of my students being called to receive their promotion award.
The students gave me gifts and we took pictures after the ceremony. It was much more fun than I expected.
The second grade girls and I.
The student in the kimono even had on the wooden shoes to complete her outfit! Her mom came wearing the same thing.
The ceremony went by fast but was very nice. I got a little sad saying goodbye to my students but they are so shy that they weren't saying much. I gave them my email address, in a letter I wrote to them, hopefully they will stay in touch. It would be neat to hear from some of them as they get older. All I can hope for now is that I've had a positive impact on their lives and have taught them things that will help them become better people. I will miss them but know that God has different plans for me now and I must move forward.

Staff bbq tomorrow, my LAST day in Okinawa. I will update you again then =)

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment