Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Countdown Begins!!

So, here is the promised blog I've been vocalizing about over the past few months. I hope you can all follow along as I begin this intriguing, unknown journey over the next 10 months. I will update this blog weekly in the hope to give you insight to my daily life in Okinawa. You can leave me comments if you'd like (and some days I will probably need them! :)
With 10 nights left in the States, the countdown has begun. I will board China Air on Tuesday, August 18th at 1:15 am...yikes! =) I start training on Monday 8/24, school will begin on 8/31.
I began packing my room this past week and am relieved to be very close to finished! Space bags have been my savior in packing, I was able to pack a great deal more than expected. The jumbo space bag fit my comforter, sheets, pillow, memory foam mattress, mattress pad, two sets of towels (I never imagined that would be possible!) and it only takes up the bottom 6 inches of my suitcase. Now I just have to weigh my suitcases and see what adjusting is needed (fingers crossed). My Visa will be ready at the Japanese Consulate in L.A. on Monday and I received my international driver's license. I've met my roommate (who will be the music teacher ) and she is great. Things are falling into place and I am getting more and more excited but a little nervous as the final day draws near. I'm dreading saying my goodbyes but I know it will only be "goodbye for now."

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds so exciting! Good luck sweetie! I'll definately be following your experiences! Good bye for now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the site. I will be checking in. The time is coming so fast. I can tell you are excited and ready!

    ReplyDelete