Monday, August 17, 2009

Packing Up My Life


The time has truly arrived and I am down to my final night before my adventure begins. I must admit I've gotten more and more anxious over the past few days (and a bit emotional). Once again I added to my suitcases, took things out, reorganized and then did it all over again. Paul John has been helping me try to sell my car and it looks like the deal is going to close this week, right after I leave! Happy hour with friends on Friday was a blast and I have to say I'm truly blessed to have such an amazing family and friends. Thank you to everyone for showering me with love and kindness, I promise I will be back, but your making saying goodbye much harder :(

I've already said my "see you later" to my mom who I dropped off at the airport for a business trip this morning and Gracie who I dropped off at my grandma's. I had a rough day, saying "see you later" was was not fun at all and I miss them already. I'm kinda dreading...okay completely dreading, saying the rest of my goodbyes tomorrow. If all goes according to plan, I should arrive in Okinawa on Wednesday, August 19th at 10:30am ( Tuesday, August 18th at 6:30pm in the States). It will most likely take a week or so to get my internet hooked up in my apartment, in the meantime I'll try to use the internet on campus to give you an update on my arrival. Once I get internet I'll be on my way to skyping you all regularly, maybe crying, maybe bragging about how much I'm loving it, maybe a little of both. My first visitor will be arriving on October 5th which I'm already very excited about! Deep breath....here I go, wish me luck, see you in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment